It doesn’t take a doctor to diagnose the health conditions associated with the modern workplace; long hours hunched over a desk lead to stress, posture problems, emotional distress and more. We see patients all the time who complain about how their job negatively impacts their health.
But what if employers took it upon themselves to fight against this trend?
Over the many years that Madison Square Wellness has been helping our corporate partners bring wellness to the forefront of their company culture, we’ve seen firsthand how transformative the shift can be. The benefits of investing in the health of employees are incredible.
Our belief, in a nutshell, is that a strong corporate wellness program has the power to make employees happier, more productive and significantly more likely to stay with a company for a long time. Introducing on-site, integrative wellness partners into your program will go even further in this mission.
On-site wellness treatments go above and beyond the veneer of offering healthy snacks to employees. The services we offer our corporate clients truly change the lives of their employees, and deliver impressive ROI to employers.
Corporate wellness is an effective tool for proactive health
One of the biggest obstacles to staying healthy is time. Between work, social lives and family responsibilities it’s hardly any surprise that the modern corporate warrior is hard pressed to fit a doctor’s appointment into their schedule.
Smart businesses understand that there is an opportunity to step in and help facilitate the health of their employees by bringing wellness directly into the office. Preventative healthcare is one of the best ways people can prevent long term illness, and stay productive at work. Incorporating this belief into the business model ensures that employees not only feel more cared for, but also deliver the benefits of health and productivity to their employer.
The health benefits of corporate wellness
Healthy and happy employees deliver better results for their businesses. That is the foundational truth on which corporate wellness is built. Studies conducted over the last few decades prove this is true on many levels.
- Wellness programs increase overall health: A study by the Rand Corporation found that wellness programs led to decreases in unhealthy behaviors like smoking, and an increase in healthy behaviors like exercising.
- Wellness programs decrease stress: A 2012 study found that employees who attended wellness programs reported significantly lower levels of stress than their counterparts. This is big in the modern office place, where stress is a major factor in all sorts of health problems.
- Corporate wellness prevents burnout: A pilot study found that engagement in wellness programs could help prevent burnout— a major mental health barrier to health and productivity in the workplace.
- Wellness programs can improve mental health: In 2015 a study was published showing that expansive wellness programs which included dietary improvement led to reductions in anxiety and depression while improving quality of life.
Corporate wellness improves the bottom line
If boosting the well-being of employees isn’t enough of a reason on its own, employers should also take note of the impact corporate wellness has on the bottom line of a company. Research shows that there are numerous benefits for companies who offer wellness programs:
- Wellness programs increase productivity: While the numbers range, some studies have shown up to 10% increase in productivity after implementing wellness programs.
- Wellness programs decrease absenteeism: Studies show that wellness programs decrease the time employees spend away from the office.
- Wellness programs increase job satisfaction: Employees at companies that use comprehensive wellness programs report higher job satisfaction than their peers. This is especially helpful for retaining talent.
- Corporate wellness has very high ROI: Healthier employees take less sick days and cost less money in health care services to employers. A massive review of the literature estimated that the ROI for corporate wellness is somewhere between $1.40 and $4.60 for every dollar spent.
Madison Square Wellness is New York City’s premier corporate wellness partner
Madison Square Wellness has a fifteen year history of bringing top-in-class on-site wellness to corporate partners around New York City. As a clinic that focuses on holistic health and wellness, we can offer a number of services to your employees at no cost to your business.
Research shows that the best wellness programs offer employees individualized health services— which is exactly what we provide through our in office appointments. We can offer your employees access to:
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- On-site wellness workshops
- Lunch & Learns
- Health and wellness screenings
- Chair massages
- And more
To learn more about the services we offer, or to schedule an absolutely free “Afternoon of Wellness,” visit our contact page for more info.